- The conscious process of planning or aiming to do something
- The deliberate plan or decision to commit an illegal or harmful action
- A person's purposeful choice to act in a way that will likely bring about certain negative outcomes that they expect or are aware of
- The underlying goal or purpose that a written agreement or legal document is designed to accomplish
- The end objective or purpose that a person has in mind when crafting a legal document or carrying out a specific action
- His intent was clear when he agreed to the terms of the contract.
- The intent of the legislation was to protect consumer rights.
- Her intent when causing the accident was questioned during the trial.