- An act that hinders, interrupts, or meddles in a process, activity, or situation
- Any situation, thing, or circumstance that obstructs or causes hindrance
- A legal proceeding that decides which inventor has the right to a patent when there's a dispute over who invented something first
- The union claimed that the company committed interference by hindering their rights to organize.
- During the trial, the jury considered whether the noise from the factory was an interference to the quiet enjoyment of the neighboring property.
- In their quest to patent the new technology, the two inventors became involved in an interference to resolve their clashing claims.