- The act of introducing adverse claimants to court by using an interpleader procedure
- The process of adversarial claimants going to trial against each other in order to resolve disputes over property or obligations that are held by a third party, which could be an insurance company
- The insurance company had to interplead to resolve the differing claims from the accident victims.
- When two parties both alleged ownership of the same property, the rightful owner used interplead to reach a settlement.
- Due to disputed claims over the proceeds of a life insurance policy, the insurer needed to interplead.