- A legal process used by an individual to force two or more parties, who have competing claims against that individual, to argue their case against each other
- An individual who is involved in an interpleader lawsuit
- The tenant filed an interpleader to resolve the disagreement between two property managers claiming rent.
- Being a stakeholder, he became an interpleader when the two beneficiaries started claiming the trust's assets.
- To avoid paying damages to both parties, the insurance company initiated an interpleader, transferring the dispute to court.