- The condition of being under the influence of drugs or alcohol to the point it alters normal physical or mental functions
- A legal defense strategy in which a person claims their mental capacity was so impaired by alcohol or drugs that they could not form the intention necessary to commit a criminal act
- The defendant claimed intoxication, asserting that he was too drunk at the time of the incident to form a criminal intent.
- After several drinks, her level of intoxication was so high that she could barely walk.
- He was charged with driving under intoxication after failing a breathalyzer test.