- Referring to an authoritative source or cause to support an action or argument
- Implementing or enforcing a legal right, rule, or procedure
- Starting or implementing a process, rule, or procedure
- Being the primary factor or cause that triggers an event or situation
- The defense team will likely invoke the First Amendment to justify the accused's actions.
- The company can invoke the non-disclosure agreement if they believe confidential information has been leaked.
- The sudden change in market conditions might invoke the contract's force majeure clause.