- A strategic collaboration where two or more entities collaborate on a particular business project, agreeing to share resources, control, and any profits or losses
- A premeditated and dishonest collaboration between two or more individuals, with each participant intentionally engaged in the illicit activity
- The two companies created a joint venture to develop the new technology.
- Police discovered the thieves had formed a joint venture to carry out the bank robbery.
- Small businesses often form a joint venture to bid on larger contracts.