- The process of proving, or the condition of being proven, to be right or reasonable
- A reason or fact that supports a claim or action as being right or reasonable
- A valid defense in law, based on reasons that supported the defendant's actions as being allowable under the circumstances
- The defense presented a strong justification for their client's actions during the trial.
- The deed did seem unusual, but there was a justification behind it that was revealed later on.
- Lack of proper justification can cause a plan to be viewed skeptically and even lead to legal consequences.