- A portion of the earth's surface, including things such as buildings, bodies of water, and natural or man-made features, extending without limit up into the sky and down into the ground
- A form of property ownership or the legal claim or entitlement to an area of the earth's surface
- The farmers have owned this tract of land for generations.
- The city zoning laws dictate how the land can be used.
- Her inheritance included a significant interest in the family's valuable land in the country.