- A conclusion or discontinuation due to occurrences, disregard, or passage of time
- The failure of a legacy to be effective because the recipient passes away before the one who made the will
- The end of an insurance policy because premiums are not paid or the policy is not renewed
- To become invalid, ineffective, or unsuccessful
- To make a policy or agreement invalid or ineffective
- The lapse of the contract was caused by the neglect of its renewal for a prolonged period.
- If you let your car insurance lapse, you'll be uninsured and at risk of financial difficulty if an accident occurs.
- The will contained a clause spelling out what would happen in the event of a lapse of any of the bequests.