- An organized body of elected officials who create new statutes, review old ones and amend or repeal as necessary, part of a system that includes two separate chambers
- The chamber in a two-part legislative system that is often seen as representing the people more directly, due to its members frequently having shorter terms and being more numerous
- The legislative assembly convened to discuss matters related to new tax policies.
- The newly proposed bill was under review in the legislative assembly.
- Members of the legislative assembly were elected to represent the interests of their constituents.