- When someone provides something like a property for rent, lease, or hire
- When a task or project is assigned, usually following a bidding process
- When a property or something similar has been successfully rented, leased, or hired out
- When a contract is officially given to a business or an individual to perform certain tasks
- Upon receiving competitive offers, the council has decided to let the construction project to the highest bidder.
- After the final showing, the apartment was let to a young professional couple who recently moved into the city.
- The deal was sealed and the contract was let to the tech firm for the software development.