- The act of imposing or executing a certain action, specifically in the context of laws or regulations
- The act of imposing and collecting a tax by a governmental authority
- The action of seizing property, whether real or personal, in the possession of a person who owes a debt, as mandated by a court order
- The exact amount that is imposed and collected, normally in the context of taxes or fines
- The authorized act of imposing or collecting a specific amount, typically in the form of a tax or fine
- The execution of a court-issued writ or order
- The procedure of putting into action a court-issued writ of either execution or attachment
- The city council has decided to levy a new tax on luxury properties in the area.
- The local government had to levy hefty fines on businesses that violated the environmental regulations.
- In an effort to recover the outstanding judgement debt, the court ordered to levy the debtor's personal properties.