- A hurtful statement or portrayal, often in written or printed form, that damages a person's reputation
- The act of making public such injurious statements or images
- A legal offense involving creating or disseminating damaging statements or images about a person
- The act of creating damaging content against another person, with the intent to harm their reputation
- A legal action taken by filing a written formal accusation against a ship or goods
- She decided to sue for libel after a false report about her was published in the newspaper.
- Spreading defamatory information on social media could be an act of libel.
- He was reluctant to express his views openly, fearing a possible libel suit.