- The state of being free from external constraints or coercion in pursuing personal choices, provided those choices are lawful and do not harm others
- The state of experiencing the same rights as others in a society, without unfair limitations or interruptions
- The condition of not being physically restricted or constrained
- The state of being free from the control or demands of someone else who claims ownership or services
- The First Amendment protects the liberty of individuals to express their opinions without fear of governmental interference.
- Personal liberty is a fundamental right which includes the freedom to move about and live where one chooses.
- The pursuit of life, liberty, and happiness is a key principle that shapes American laws and societal norms.