- A legal permission given by a competent authority, such as a government or a business, allowing someone to carry out activities that would be illegal without this right
- The revocable permission given to a person with no property rights on a piece of land, allowing them to do something on that land that would normally be considered illegal or an act of trespass
- A grant transferring some, but not all, of a copyright or patent holder's rights covered under a copyright or patent
- A legal defense to a trespassing charge, showing that the accused person acted according to a granted permission
- The freedom that is used irresponsibly
- Ignoring the conventions of personal behavior
- The act of issuing legal permission to someone
- The act of permitting or authorizing something or someone through legal permission
- The local government issues a license to the contractor to carry out construction work in the city.
- Even though the man did not own the land, he received a license to mine minerals from it.
- With the inventor's license, the company started producing and selling the patented product.