- A worker originally hired by one employer, but temporarily directed and governed by a different employer
- A legal principle stating that a temporary worker is seen as a worker of the borrowing employer, thereby making the temporary employer responsible for any careless actions or workers' comp claims
- When the contracted electrician was injured at the construction site, according to the loaned servant concept, the construction company was liable for the accident.
- Under the loaned servant doctrine, the temporary employer was accountable for workers' compensation when the employee got hurt during his period of employment.
- The borrowing company was held responsible for the negligence of a temporary worker under the principle of loaned servant.