- A gathering of individuals representing a specific interest group to sway opinions or decisions
- The action of performing acts with the aim of influencing decisions of public officials, primarily those in a legislative assembly, regarding laws
- The act of trying to alter the decisions or actions of a public official to favor a particular outcome
- The environmental group decided to lobby Congress to pass more stringent pollution laws.
- Parents in the community started to lobby against the construction of the hazardous waste plant.
- The nonprofit organization lobbied the city council to allocate more funds to homeless shelters.