- A designated area such as a cell or set of cells, typically situated in a courthouse or jail, where individuals are detained prior to attending a court hearing
- A strategy involving crafting an agreement with a trusted entity for the option to purchase a significant part of a company's assets, used as a deterrent against potential hostile takeover attempts
- After the arrest, the suspect was taken to the lockup waiting for his day in court.
- To protect their company, the board of directors decided to create a lockup agreement with their long-term business partner.
- The reported disturbances were traced back to the lockup, where some detainees had started a fight.