- The experience of having damage or harm, either tangible or intangible, that negatively impacts a person or entity, often financially
- A reduction in the worth, quantity, or availability of something
- A situation where the charge or expense required for something surpasses its selling or market value
- The circumstance of having an item or a substance inadvertently destroyed to the point where it cannot be recovered
- A financial setback experienced by an insured individual due to a specific predefined incident that causes the insurance company to be liable under the insurance agreement's conditions
- The experience of being subjected to harm or disadvantage, either emotionally, physically, or most commonly, financially
- The fire resulted in a significant loss for the homeowner, who didn't have comprehensive insurance.
- After the market crash, many investors experienced substantial loss in their portfolios.
- The company suffered a loss when the cost to produce the product exceeded the revenue it generated.