- Refers to something that hasn't been utilized, secured or asserted
- Describes something that has accidentally disappeared or is no longer under someone's management or custody
- Pertains to something that has endured physical damage or destruction
- The lost document severely impacted the progress of the case.
- After the fire, the business equipment was deemed lost and irrecoverable.
- The lawyer warned her client of the potential for lost evidence if proper custody procedures weren't followed.