- The process of supplying necessary assistance or support, often basic
- The condition of receiving essential aid or support
- Financial resources set aside or used to provide needed support or assistance
- Essential needs of life that are covered through maintenance payments
- The act of preserving property or equipment in good condition
- The act of meddling in a lawsuit by providing unasked-for and unnecessary assistance to either side
- The court ordered the father to pay child maintenance for his children's welfare.
- The tenant is responsible for the maintenance of the appliances in the apartment.
- Unauthorized maintenance in a lawsuit can complicate the legal process.