- The state of intending to inflict injury, harm, or damage to another person or their property without any justification or valid reason
- A careless disregard for the rights of others or the importance of human life
- An evil or improper motivation or intention behind an action
- Malice that is real and intentional, not merely implied or inferred
- A disposition characterized by ill will, spitefulness, or a desire for revenge
- His indemnification claim was rejected, as his actions were seen as an act of malice against his coworker.
- Although the incident was unfortunate, there was no evidence to prove malice on her part.
- The prosecution argued the malice evident in the defendant's actions was sufficient to upgrade the charges to first-degree.