- A formal message from a higher court to a lower court informing them of their final decision and instructing them to take action based on this decision
- An action where one person grants another the authority to carry out one or multiple matters on their behalf
- A firm instruction or clear order given by an authoritative figure
- The permission given by voters to their chosen officer to carry out duties on their behalf
- To make something compulsory or an obligation
- The judge had to follow the mandate from the appellate court.
- Their boss gave a mandate to the team to complete the project by the end of the week.
- After being elected, the senator acted according to the mandate from his voters.