- A symbol, often a cross or X, used as a substitute for a signature by someone unable to write their own name
- A character, emblem or sign placed on an item or used in relation to a service primarily to identify the maker or owner, certify its quality or for identification purposes
- The act of establishing or determining the boundaries or limits of something
- The process of attaching an identifying symbol or sign, such as a trademark, to an item
- The illiterate elderly woman provided her mark on the contract as she could not write her name.
- The company's unique mark on their products ensured their customers of its quality and originality.
- The surveyors were asked to mark the land to establish the property lines before construction could begin.
- Products should be properly marked with a trademark to protect the manufacturer's rights and interests.