- Refers to the act of allowing something to grow or develop to the point of fullness or completion
- Describes the process in which something, often a contract or obligation, reaches the point where it can be legally acted upon, thus becoming due or payable
- The bonds will mature in ten years, at which point the issuer must pay the bondholders.
- As per their agreement, the tenant’s rent obligations mature on the first day of each month.
- With adequate care and conditions, the seedlings will mature into healthy, fruit-bearing trees.