- The nature of an act or role as prescribed by law, which forms part of administrative duties
- An action carried out as a legal or statutory requirement, without the use of personal judgment or discretion, only after determining a specified state of facts
- The role or duties of a minister or department
- The distribution of tax refunds is ministerial duty of the treasury department.
- The issuance of a building permit by the city after verifying all prerequisites is considered a ministerial act.
- Discussed the ministerial responsibilities involved in maintaining public records.