- The act of negligently or wrongly performing a duty by an official
- A mistake made by a clerk during a legal process which can be set right in a brief legal procedure
- The act of hiding a serious crime like treason or a felony without being part of the crime, and not notifying legal authorities
- The judge ruled that the police officer's mishandling of evidence constituted misprision.
- The mistake in judgement entries was classified as a misprision and was corrected promptly.
- The individual was charged with misprision for concealing his knowledge of the felony.