- The process of converting an asset or any object into money or legal tender
- The action of buying public or private debt, which frees up funds that would have otherwise been used for debt service
- The act of using an object of value as a means to generate profit
- The startup sought to monetize its app by introducing premium features available only to subscribing users.
- When the government chooses to monetize its debts, it's an attempt to stimulate the economy by freeing up funds.
- Companies can monetize their intangible assets like intellectual property to generate revenue.