- An agreement where property title is transferred to secure a debt, and is given back upon fulfillment of the agreed terms
- A legal claim against property that is made to ensure the fulfillment of an obligation, which expires when the obligation is met as per the agreed terms
- A loan that is protected through a mortgage against a property
- A document that expresses and outlines the conditions of a mortgage
- The legal right of a mortgage lender to the property pledged as security until the debt is fully paid
- The act of giving or transferring by means of a mortgage
- The act of burdening a property with a mortgage
- He decided to mortgage his house to fund his new business.
- She was careful to understand all the conditions of her mortgage before signing the agreement.
- They defaulted on their mortgage payments, putting their home at risk.