- The situation where specific circumstances push towards taking a particular action
- A legal defense that justifies a criminal act by the defendant due to the urgency of the situation creating a greater potential harm than the act itself
- An essential element or condition needed for survival or existence
- The attorney argued that his client's actions were out of necessity, as ignoring the situation could have resulted in more severe damages.
- The underlying necessity of the act was considered during the evaluation of the defendant's case.
- Food, water, and shelter are considered basic necessities for human survival.