- This term refers to the act of a defendant who does not respond or ignores their requirement to plead or provide an answer in a legal case
- This term is used when a court judgment is given against a defendant who has either neglected to reply or has refused to plead in response to charges
- The court concluded a nihil dicit against the defendant due to his failure to respond.
- After weeks of silence from the defendant, the judge decided to rule a nihil dicit.
- A nihil dicit was declared by the court as the defendant neglected to provide a plea.