- An individual who is chosen to receive a grant, transfer of property, or a regular payment for a set period
- An individual proposed for an assignment, role, or position in an organization
- An individual picked to perform tasks or make decisions on behalf of another person
- A candidate who has been selected by a political party to represent them in an election
- An individual who holds a stock or registered bond certificate in their name, even though they do not possess actual ownership
- The bank acted as a nominee by holding the property for the borrowers.
- The board members endorsed their nominee for the position of president within the organization.
- The party leader announced the nominee for the upcoming elections during the rally.
- The stock was given to the mother as a nominee to manage until the child turned eighteen.
- When her friend was unable to handle the responsibilities, she acted as a nominee to manage his affairs.