- Refers to an event or situation that is not happening while the involved person is held in legal or police custody
- Pertains to a parent who does not have exclusive legal control over a child or spends less time with the child due to custody arrangements
- The noncustodial sentencing allowed the defendant to serve their punishment outside of jail.
- He is considered a noncustodial parent since the child mostly lives with the other parent.
- The court arranged a noncustodial visitation schedule that had to be strictly followed.