- An announcement or communication about a fact, claim, or legal action
- The state of being aware of a fact, claim, or legal proceeding
- A type of notice that is directly communicated
- A type of notice that is inferred from the circumstances
- Information that could lead a reasonable person to investigate further
- A written document that provides information or serves as an announcement
- The attention or acknowledgment given, particularly by a court
- The act of making something known through an announcement or notification
- The act of formally recognizing something or someone
- The act of serving a formal announcement or legal document to someone
- Related to a situation where a party with an interest in property has precedence over any previous claims not recorded and unknown to the party
- The landlord gave the renters a notice of eviction.
- Upon noticing the disagreement, the court had to examine the case more closely.
- According to the law, they served a notice to the other party to initiate legal proceedings.