- The status of holding, possessing, or residing on an object or a piece of property
- The action of taking possession of an unclaimed property in order to acquire ownership
- The state of a property or space being in use or inhabited
- The manner or purpose for which a property is utilized
- The occupancy rate of the apartment complex has dropped significantly since last year.
- To protect against fire hazards, a limit on room occupancy is set by the city council.
- The new zoning regulations might change the allowable occupancy for the commercial buildings in that area.