- A suggestion or indication of a readiness to enter into a contract or to negotiate terms with another party, who possesses the power to agree upon receiving it
- A financial amount proposed by a potential buyer, usually in the context of a bid, negotiation, or settlement
- The prospective buyer made an offer on the house, which the sellers now have the chance to accept or reject.
- For the old car, the junkyard offered a price as part of the settlement, so it's up to the car owner to accept this offer.
- In order to finalize the contract, the company extended an offer of terms to the other business.