- It refers to a specific task, role, or position granted through governmental authority for serving a public purpose
- It's essentially the location where administrative or business tasks are carried out or where specific services are provided
- Implies a specific administrative division or sector
- The office of the mayor is responsible for city administration.
- She works in an insurance office, managing various customer accounts.
- The human resources office oversees hiring and employee benefits.