- The counteracting of one claim or amount against another to bring about an equilibrium
- The act of diminishing or calculating a figure by considering its relation to a different figure
- The defendant used an offset to balance the charges placed against him with his financial investment in the project.
- Due to their substantial charitable donations, they were able to offset a portion of their taxable income.
- The loss from the sale of the property was offset by the profit generated from their investment portfolio.