- A provision in certain legal documents such as wills or security agreements that sets forth the handling of assets not specifically mentioned
- A provision within an automobile insurance policy that extends coverage to anyone using the vehicle who has the direct or assumed approval of the policyholder
- The lawyer suggested to include an omnibus clause to ensure all assets are covered, even if not specifically named.
- The car accident involved a friend of the insured; the insurance claim was processed under the omnibus clause.
- The inclusion of an omnibus clause in an insurance policy extends coverage to all users granted permission by the policyholder.