- Visible or known to everyone; not hidden
- Accessible to all; not limited to specific people
- Active, functioning or operating
- Ready for use or service
- Still unresolved or to be decided; open to further examination
- Continues to be reliable until officially closed or canceled
- Free from legal or regulatory constraints
- To initiate or start something
- A statement that commences the trial of a case in court
- Being the first to present an argument in a case
- Undo a previous order, rule, or judgment, making it available for further proceedings
- To start or begin a course of activity
- To initiate the hearing of a court case
- The documents were left open to public scrutiny.
- The competition is open to everyone, not just members of the club.
- The investigation is still open and the detectives are following up on leads.