- A formal, judicial meeting presided over by a judge with the presence of involved parties and their lawyers, held to conduct authorized affairs, and documented for future reference
- A publicly accessible court session, allowing anyone to attend
- The judge ruled that the witness testimony would be given in open court, so the public could also hear.
- Due to the sensitive nature of the case, it was decided it would not be held in open court.
- The lawyer argued for the case to be transferred to open court to ensure transparency in the proceedings.