- A situation where power is used in an unjust or extreme way
- An illegal, improper, or corrupt use of authority by a government official that leads to harm to an individual
- Unjust or burdensome behavior by the directors of a corporation or majority stakeholders that justifies minority stakeholders to demand the corporation's involuntary dissolution
- A situation where unequal bargaining power leads to a party's inability to negotiate or make significant choices
- The shareholders were upset about the constant oppression they encountered from the majority group.
- The tenant felt the landlord's rules were a form of oppression, preventing them from freely enjoying their rented property.
- The oppressed workers sought legal aid to fight against the oppressive contracts imposed by their employer.