- The state of peace, law compliance, and lack of chaotic activities
- The established way or the state of doing things following a set procedure
- A requirement or directive issued by an authority that holds a superior rank
- A ruling or demand set out by a qualified administrative authority
- A directive issued by a court with authoritative power
- A directive given out by a superior officer in the military
- A guideline on to whom a negotiable instrument, like a check, should be paid
- A specific instruction or authorization, mostly related to the purchase or sale of goods, securities, or services
- The commodities or items that have been bought or sold
- A financial instrument that is payable to a specific person or to an individual nominated by that person through an endorsement
- The tribunal issued an order to stop any further construction activity in the area.
- The client placed an order for 1000 units of the new product.
- The bank made a payment based on the order on the payday check.