- An excess quantity or amount surpassing a specified limit or threshold
- A supplementary payment due to a landlord, calculated as a portion of a retail store's sales, over and above the standard rental fee
- A financial surplus that occurs when actual spending surpasses the anticipated or allocated budget
- When the company's manufacturing process produced more widgets than expected, they ended up with an overage.
- As per the lease agreement, the store had to pay an overage if its sales exceeded a certain amount.
- They discovered an overage in the project's financials, as they had spent more than the allocated budget.