- An act that goes beyond acceptable boundaries, particularly those set by authority or due process
- The act of gaining an unjustly large advantage over someone, typically through unfair or deceitful methods
- The jury deliberated whether the company's conduct was a case of overreaching.
- His business was successful, but he was accused of overreaching by using deceptive methods to gain an advantage over competitors.
- In a ruling on the lawsuit, the judge condemned the landlord's overreaching that exploited the tenant's lack of legal knowledge.