- An act of forgiving someone for a legal violation without further penal action
- An official document issued as an act of mercy that absolves an individual from a legal punishment
- An act of forgiving someone for a wrongdoing or misconduct
- The governor has the power to pardon individuals for certain crimes.
- After a careful review of her case, the President issued a pardon, releasing her from remaining penal consequences.
- Due to his exemplary behavior, he was granted a pardon for his past offense.