- A specialist who is knowledgeable about the rules and procedures of a legislative or decision-making body such as a parliament
- An individual who is a part of a parliament, typically engaged in making, changing, and interpreting laws
- The parliamentarian was consulted to ensure the debate adhered to procedural rules.
- The parliamentarian suggested changes to the bill’s language to avoid it being declared unconstitutional.
- After ten years serving her district, the parliamentarian was honored for her dedicated public service.