- A verbal statement or expression
- Something established or carried out verbally or through non-validated writing
- Something that comes forth or is expressed orally, rather than in written form
- Related to or dealing with circumstances outside of formal written documents or contracts
- The witness's parol testimony was enough to sway the judge's opinion.
- His parol promise was difficult to prove in court since there was no written record of it.
- Although the contract terms were clear, the business owner claimed there was a parol agreement that also had to be taken into account.