- Includes the involvement or engagement of multiple persons or agencies
- Pertains to the act of having a share in distributions:
- Relates to a situation where the holder is allowed to receive a portion of any surplus distributed by the insurance company issuing the policy
- Refers to a situation where one is eligible for a share of additional distributions beyond the typical fixed income
- The participating agreement required all tenants to equally share the cost of building renovations.
- As a participating policy holder, she was entitled to a share of the company's annual profits.
- The deal was beneficial for all the participating stakeholders who received distributions in addition to their fixed income.